Thursday, October 3, 2013

Update on copyright issues

Thanks to all who have expressed concern and support regarding my attempts to address the copyright claims made in respect of my videos.

I've received no response from YouTube, "UMG" or "SME" to any of my emails of 14 September 2013 (posted below).

From the Copyright Notices page of my YouTube account, it does appear that "UMG" has released its claims in respect of "Will the Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up (feat. Eminem)".

I've sent further emails today to YouTube and "SME" which I'll post here for those interested.  I suspect that the readers of this blog may be the only actual humans reading some of these emails in what appears to be a largely machine-driven process. It's frankly very unsatisfactory that YouTube suggests that issues may be resolved by contacting claimants directly only to have my emails to those claimants unreturned.

 

No comments: